I have been a Bangkok ex-pat for over two and a half years and I write and take pictures of both the good and bad of what I observe around the city. It’s an interesting and somewhat frustrating place to be a woman but I have had some of the best times of my life in and around Bangkok.
My favourite things about the city are:
- The abundance of amazing food. Not only great Som Tam and Massaman curry but affordable Indian, Mexican, European and Lebanese
- Shopping. Despite being what local shop ladies describe as ‘too big’ (how many times have I purchased something just to prove them wrong?!) there is no shortage of malls and markets to keep me entertained
- All that smiling. If you smile at someone in the street, most of the time they smile back! Pretty fantastic after living in London for 5 years
- Warmth. I know I complain all the time about melting and being too hot, but how great is it to wear flip-flops all year round?!
- Exploring. Strange art shows, different dancing, cool spas, new friends, great cocktails
- Getting outside my comfort zone and loving it
Things that make me less happy:
- Dirty pavement water up the back of my legs and between my toes (could it be sewage?)
- Slow walking and lack of escalator protocol
- Taxi drivers trying to make a quick buck
- Weird Birthday cake
- The lack of indie films on at the cinema
- No proper sausages
The great thing about blogging is that you get to be honest about things with no boss or company trying to force your hand. Everything that I share on here is my own opinion, and although I am lucky to get free meals with work, that doesn’t mean I will give them a great review. Any posts sponsored directly will be titled as such. I love writing and sharing things I get excited about and I wouldn’t want to accept or advertise anything that I didn’t believe in for the sake of a few bucks.
Fab sites to check out for more info on expat life, travel and being a fearless lady: